The ability to shop for almost anything on the internet has transformed how people shop today.
It has become the norm for customers to read a few online reviews before purchasing from laptops to clothing. Customers rely on customer reviews to make purchasing decisions, so if you haven’t been paying attention to them, you should. According to reports, 90 percent of American consumers read reviews before purchasing.
Product reviews are frequently overlooked by Shopify merchants, who are more concerned with improving the site’s appearance and optimizing the checkout page. But none of this matters if your products are not well received.
The fact that so many customers are willing to provide feedback indicates opportunities for brands to improve their visibility and influence more potential customers. You should enable customer reviews and encourage them to leave them to build your online credibility while expanding your business.
Because you are afraid of negative reviews, you are missing out on many potential customers if you have not yet added a product review section to your Shopify website.
Continue reading if you want to get more product reviews for your Shopify store.
How Can Collecting Customer Feedback Benefit Your Ecommerce Business?
There is no shortage of reasons why listening to your customers is good for business, from lowering customer acquisition costs to increasing website conversion rates and gaining more loyal customers.
- Make the customer experience better
Did you know that for every one customer who complains, an average of 26 other customers who share the same sentiments remain silent? They leave and never return to your store.
You can learn what customers think about your company and products by measuring satisfaction rates throughout the entire customer journey, from the first time they visit your website to when they place an order and receive their purchase.
- Enhance product development
This seems almost too obvious to include, but it’s easy to forget to solicit feedback on improving both new and existing products.
It is nearly impossible to have an objective view of your products when you are immersed in the day in and day out. However, unless you ask, your customers will not share their feedback with you most of the time.
- Increase the number of superfans
Superfans are devoted customers eager to recommend your products and spread the word about your brand to their friends, family, and coworkers.
- Demonstrate your concern
Listening to and acknowledging your customers shows that you value them. As a result, customers have a more positive experience and are more likely to return.
- Reduce the cost of customer acquisition
When you truly understand your ideal customer and provide them with an exceptional experience, you can reduce your acquisition costs. You’re giving existing customers a great experience so they’ll keep buying from you. They will be more likely to write product reviews as well.
How Do You Get Customers to Review Your Shopify Store?
We can all agree that product reviews are essential, particularly in eCommerce. They assist customers in determining whether your product performs in-person while also allowing you to showcase your top-tier products and exceptional customer service. Brands such as Brooklinen, Patagonia, Oats Overnight, and even GoPro generate thousands of product reviews – but where do you begin?
Solution No:1-Automated Review Requests
Automated review requests are post-purchase emails sent to customers that are by far the most effective way to collect customer feedback. They are used to collect more than 90% of customer reviews. Allowing your customers to provide feedback after each purchase will generate more reviews and drive traffic back to your Shopify store and increase conversions.
Things to consider when designing yours:
- It is critical to give customers enough time to enjoy what they’ve purchased before asking them to leave a review.
- Keep it simple – making it too difficult to leave a review can result in a drop-off. Make it easier for customers by using review forms or product links.
- Be yourself – use this touchpoint to highlight your brand’s personality with bold subject lines and strengthen customer relationships by expressing your gratitude for their support.
How to Apply:
- Create a review request Templates for WhatsApp messages
- Schedule your messages to control how long a customer receives one after making a purchase.
- If you already use post-purchase messages, incorporate this as a step where appropriate (usually after shipping confirmation)
Offer discount codes when a customer submits a review to encourage customers to leave reviews and drive repeat business.
Solution No:2-Forms for On-Site Review
On-site review forms allow anyone to rate your products, whether or not they are customers. It only takes a few keystrokes and a click of a button for someone to leave a review.
That’s precisely what it is. It almost seems too good to be true. Your reviews section exists to increase trust and conversions.
A review button on-site can sabotage this for two reasons:
- Customers have difficulty trusting the reviews when they see that anyone can leave one.
- It has the potential to disrupt the customer experience. We want to remove as many barriers as possible before a customer arrives at the checkout so that on-site review forms may be a distraction.
When to use: if there is no way for customers to leave reviews without visiting your site (i.e., not using post-purchase review requests) – instead, after a customer makes a purchase, redirect them to a product page where they can use the on-site review form.
How to Apply:
- Select a review provider such as reviewbit.
- Include a review widget on your product page.
- Try using coupons or discount codes to encourage new customers to leave a review.
One of the most effective ways to ensure that you have a pulse on what your customers think about your brand and your products is collecting, implementing, and analyzing feedback.
Over the next decade, the eCommerce brands that pay attention and actively demonstrate that they care about their customers will be the ones to grow.
However, when reading articles like this one, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by all options. You could become paralyzed by analysis paralysis and do nothing.